During our 90 years of operation, we've sought to display integrity in our relationships with employees, customers, sales representatives, suppliers and the local communities in which we work. When purchasing Hooker Furniture products, you can have peace of mind that you're choosing furnishings of enduring quality. We're committed to assuring superior quality through selection of materials and lumber, product design and engineering. At Hooker Furniture, our mission is to enrich the lives of the people we touch through innovative home furnishings of exceptional value.
View each feature and benefit page below and discover what sets Hooker Furniture apart.
Quality from start to finish. Our finish, drawer and wood construction story.
CLICK TO VIEW
Wire management, charging stations and organization for your office.
CLICK TO VIEW
Functional features offered in our entertainment items.
CLICK TO VIEW
YOU CAN DEPEND ON HOOKER FURNITURE'S CARING CRAFTSMANSHIP
Our quality comes from the caring and expertise of our employees, who oversee the design, production, and servicing of our wood and metal furnishings sourced from around the world to insure they conform to our standards of excellence.
Our quality story begins with carefully selected lumber and wood veneers. The next step is design and product engineering, an area in which consumers and furniture retailers alike give us high ratings.
WE PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL
- Most of our products have English dovetailed drawers, exceptionally strong joints that keep drawers strong and problem-free for many years (fig. 1).
- All bedroom drawers include wood-on-wood glides for smooth, efficient operation, and all touching drawer guide parts are waxed for smooth and quiet operation (fig. 2).
- Strength and durability are supplied by mortise and tenon case construction reinforced with glue and metal fasteners (fig. 3).
- Solid lumber and select wood veneers are carefully chosen to permit consistent finishing.
- Use of veneers enables more decorative looks unattainable with solid wood. Veneers, which are used over engineered wood products, are present only on flat surface areas of the furniture such as the case tops and sides. In addition to providing decorative looks, veneers add weight, strength and dimensional stability.
- Known for its exquisite finishes, Hooker uses up to 30 finishing steps, including 13 steps of hand-sanding and accenting (fig. 4).
- All items receive two to three full coats of lacquer for extra depth and durability, and many items include rubbed tops for a fine satin patina.
- All hardware is die cast for extra long life.
- Most panel doors have strong panel and frame construction to prevent warping.
English Dovetailed drawers
Wood-on-wood glides provide
smooth, quiet operation
Mortise and tenon case
construction gives durability
Hooker Furniture's products
utilize up to 30 finishes
Learn the "Inside Story" about our Home Entertainment and Home Office furniture construction.